Skip to Content
Pickup Coaching
-->
16 replies [Last post]
Buddhagames's picture
So I was walking past a hair salon in my city and through the window I saw the receptionist was just like smoking hot. Like she could easily be a model... actually, now that I think about it.. they were all smoking hot.

Anyway- walked in and went up the receptionist and was like, "Hey, what's up" lmao she kinda looked at me like I was crazy for a bit and was like, "Are you here to see someone" and I was like, "Oh no, I was walking past and I saw you through the window and I wanted to come say hi" she kinda smiled but it was weak, I could tell it didn't hook at all.

So I just kept chit chatting with her for a while... she did actually start to laugh and smile a bit more and like I could tell she was enjoying the conversation a little bit towards the end. At one point, I was like, "forty bucks says the next guy to walk through that door is gay" and she laughed at this...

She never made her way from around the counter though which was a sign, to me, that it wasn't getting personal.

Anyway- after like probably seven or eight minutes of talking, I did my usual turn around, turn back and "oh, btw- let me grab your # and we can grab drinks sometime"... but she was all, "Ohh I'm sorry, I can't give my # out at work" BLEHHH she was able to break through the awkwardness with a totally gay excuse..

What's also weird about this is that usually getting numbers is like the one thing I'm pretty fucking money at. Was weird but she was also smoking retarded hot... And hey, I think that's the first time I've ever done an approach like that during the day time... sooo... cool?

It's Just Something You Have To Do If You Want To Be Great- Manwhore

"Apart from the pulling and hauling stands what I am, Stands amused, complacent, compassionating, idle, unitary, Looks down, is erect, or bends an arm on an impalpable certain rest, Looking with side-curved head curious what will come next, Both in and out of the game and watching and wondering at it."

Buddhagames's picture
I guess one odd thing I
I guess one odd thing I noticed, is that while my eye contact was on... like she almost just like refused to look ME in the eyes...

It was weird, like I couldn't physically look in her eyes unless I like bent down and gazed upwards lmao... so It was kinda hard for me to talk to her- That's def. a sticking point of mine. It's like seriously impossible for me to talk to someone unless I can see their eyes

Went on a date with a girl and she wore those huge bug sunglasses and liek it totally creeped me out the whole time, cause I couldn't see her eyes and felt super awkward.

"Apart from the pulling and hauling stands what I am, Stands amused, complacent, compassionating, idle, unitary, Looks down, is erect, or bends an arm on an impalpable certain rest, Looking with side-curved head curious what will come next, Both in and out of the game and watching and wondering at it."

Good stuff man. This is just
Good stuff man. This is just something you get smoother at with more experience. You start building fun momentum with a girl that just crafts itself into a number close. Great job on hitting all the steps that's hot shit

I go in and I'm crisp, clean and my vocals are fucking coming out like music. - Anonymous MW student

- Autismus Terminus Finis (Root Cause/Cure of Autism Epidemic)

- Called Off My Wedding & Other Turn Tail Signs Of The American Male

Tap Or Click For Personal Coaching Information

Buddhagames's picture
All the steps?
All the steps?

I don't fully understand what
I don't fully understand what kind of scenario you're describing as far as not being able to make eye contact, however one thing guys don't realize is if there's any kind of neediness in a guy's eyes it's very awkward and uncomfortable to keep looking in his eyes. If you ever hang out with instructors it's the same thing. Lots of newbs and chodes and awkward guys when they talk with us it's SUPER needy and like.. wtf. If you're a bit inexperienced with daygame it could be what happened.

I go in and I'm crisp, clean and my vocals are fucking coming out like music. - Anonymous MW student

- Autismus Terminus Finis (Root Cause/Cure of Autism Epidemic)

- Called Off My Wedding & Other Turn Tail Signs Of The American Male

Tap Or Click For Personal Coaching Information

Buddhagames's picture
lol yeah, idk if I have the
lol yeah, idk if I have the issue you're describing (maybe I do..) I mean, I actually tend to notice that people usually give me really solid eye contact back (especially dudes lol)...

But yeah, I'm SUPER INEXPERIENCED at daygame lmao... so I could totally see this being the exact issue, it was like she didn't want to look me in the eyes. What you described is like totally on point, I bet that's it. I mean, I was def. nervous lmao... Cause it's totally different than night game... like it's hard to frame it in a way to myself where I can be like, "Yeah, okay, this is totally normal" .. lmao, like in my head, the only guys that would do something like i just did, are guys who are like into pooah and shit and for whatever reason I think that made me kinda nervous. But as I do this daygame stuff more, I think that will wear off

Just totally outside my comfort zone.

Buddhagames's picture
Oh, when you said, "all the
Oh, when you said, "all the steps" did you just mean like... going out, walking into the store, saying hello, talking, then asking for the #?

lmao- it's pretty easy when I put it like that...

ye, like MW said.Is there
ye, like MW said.

Is there anything you can say about your physiology? Like...was your heart palpitating, did your speech feel rushed, or your jokes seem tryhard and your smile false or even, your eye contact seeming too deliberate, penetrating and not like an easy alpha gaze?

This shit makes all the difference in the daygame i think - the chick will be so attuned to your neediness cause its fuckin unusual to get approached in the daytime, and the only people who do that are pua's or fundraisers. Both usually suck and girls know it.

Until night and day becomes the same to you - i mean physiologically, this shit will still feel awkward probably. Good on you though!
krispy's picture
One thing I've started to
One thing I've started to learn from working in Sales is never assume the interaction is over. Go to the bitter end, even if just to see how far it goes. When she said "sorry I cant give my number at work" You could of been like "oh yeah that would be super unprofessional of you, TELL YOU WHAT. Here's my number" (give it to her) then continue down another path with the convo for a bit. Like it's rediculous the kinda things you can pull off if you just assume authority and dictate whats actually gonna go down.

Btw I recommend sales as a job for anyone here. Literally is game but instead of getting your dick wet you shyster people of their money lol
kris is right. You could've
kris is right. You could've been more persistent buddha, but you'll do it naturally with more daygame experience.

Probably showing her empathy would've been good at the time, "I know this is unusual for you, especially in your workplace, but [qualify her] and we should meet up for drinks"
krispy's picture
I used to think this was
I used to think this was possibly needy cause of RSD and my misunderstandings of some fundamental concepts, but the way you should see it is you dont NEED her but you want her and cause youre high value you get what you want. Not in a spoilt brat way but more of a "Youre mine theres no escape or hope for you, Prepare for dong" kinda way
Buddhagames's picture
Yeah, I totally get the
Yeah, I totally get the theory... haha I understand theory super easily. It's just that actually taking that understanding and going out during the daytime and just not being nervous wasn't happening.. just a matter of experience.

I appreciate your guys's advice

You're totally on the money. I totally could have taken that set forward. Love the idea of giving her my number and continuing OR just doing the "I know this is super awkward for you" thing.

Thanks guys.

O and yes I noticed all of those things about my physiology. It's funny, I'm actually pretty aware of that stuff when it's goign on and I was actually going to say that i noticed a lot of tension in my shoulders and legs and arms when I was doing the approach, which made me just like super stiff. Prob was obvious as fuck to her, I mean if I was noticing it, no way she wasn't noticing it.

hahaha its funny you say all
hahaha its funny you say all that stuff about how you were feeling and probably looking. before I read the rest of the thread and just your OP, i noticed where you fucked up. even in just writing it out where you said "she looked at me like i was crazy" you wouldn't have noticed that if you were in your own reality but you thought it was weird so you picked up on her reaction. even if she looked at you the same way your RAS wouldn't pick up on that if you thought it was 100% normal. That or she wouldn't even give that look to you. State transference nigga. Sometimes I notice if I'm feeling a bit weird or awkward like if im coming from the "im hitting on you/picking you up" frame she'll start to give off the same vibe.

So yeah. Either she felt the weirdness from you and gave you back the same vibe or you just noticed her weird reaction because you felt weird yourself and expected it to go weird. Funny how I got that from just you saying she gave you that one look. Am I right about this? I wasn't there and didn't feel those emotions.
chinaboy's picture
Think she was just
Think she was just uncomfortable...cuz you were confident.

When girls are into you a lot they can either avoid EC or give you the puppydog eyes.

Regarding the number...probably the best bet would be keep talking, being chill, statements of empathy then get her right out of the salon and get the number outside. Be sneaky, she doesnt wanna be judged/seen by her coworkers/boss.

Anyways good job
Buddhagames's picture
Nah, I wasn't very confident
Nah, I wasn't very confident in my approach. I was pretty nervous, had a lot of tension in my shoulders and arms and just didn't have that "energy" that hooks sets.

The cool part for me is that despite being nervous etc. I just pushed through and went through the motions.

So when you say like take her out the store? Would it achieve the same effect, if I just got her to come out from around the counter? Actually walking out the store, may be tough... but hell, why not, yeah?

Sick-Cunt's picture
Lol! I hate when people use
Lol! I hate when people use glasses too. I can't get eye contact and end up looking at their lips the entire time (even if its a guy, no homo).

"These girls aren't going to harass themselves" - Some Cunt

Props. Daygame isnt a
Props. Daygame isnt a different breed altogether. Youll learn it too, just like you have with night / text game. Take action and everything should fall into place.