Skip to Content
Pickup Coaching
-->

question about perceptions and shaping your reality

11 replies [Last post]
i find this stuff suuuper interesting. on one hand i think it can be mental masturbation and unnecessary for your game but it does help when trying to understand relationships and social dynamics on another level. manwhore has spoken a couple times here about how your beliefs shape your reality. and i fully agree with that. change your beliefs and you change everything. but its still a tricky topic to grasp fully. are their any sweet resources about shit like this?

my best friend, the person im closest with just told me over text (see text, this topic is still related to the forum) that he hates people. in a jokingly way. and i hate a lot of people too. but we rag and diss on people in a funny manner when people do weird shit. like if someone who isnt that socially aware does something stupid we make fun of them between us. yes on a deeper level i feel sorry for these people and sympathetic towards them. but then again its funny when some chode gets drunk and does something stupid and embarrassing.

anyways point is, i dont think he has as much sympathy as i do towards these people especially since he doesn't really study social dynamics and knows why those people are needy (insecurities and what not). so i asked him what he really meant by saying he hates people and he just says that their is a lot of annoying ass people in the world.

so what does that say about him as a person? is it the way his brain filters people that makes them annoying to him? maybe to protect his ego or something. maybe im looking into this too much and trying to think about something that isnt there but i wonder what makes people annoy him over annoying other people? or maybe a better question would be to ask what makes him FOCUS on annoying people more so than others.
Buddhagames's picture
Don't trip on it. Good to get
Don't trip on it. Good to get it out and write about it, but then just move on. Don't worry about why other people do what they do, it'll drive you crazy.

Like why did Hitler kill so many people? Honestly.. .I don't know, anne frankly, I don't care. He did it. That sucks. Moving on.
-Although, from a tactical standpoint, sure, if it's like your job to understand the "enemy" that's a totally different thing... but for day to day shit... wtvr. Write about it, meditate on it, get it out in a good workout, go to the boxing ring and kick someones ass... wtvr you gotta do, but don't think about it.... that's the WORST

Basically, I'm not answering your question because I don't want to think about it : )

It's Just Something You Have To Do If You Want To Be Great- Manwhore

"Apart from the pulling and hauling stands what I am, Stands amused, complacent, compassionating, idle, unitary, Looks down, is erect, or bends an arm on an impalpable certain rest, Looking with side-curved head curious what will come next, Both in and out of the game and watching and wondering at it."

Well I like to think about
Well I like to think about why hitler did that shit because its interesting not because im obsessed with what an asshole he was and its driving me crazy (really, not using it as an analogy, i find hitler, other serial killers, weird people, social retards really interesting because its fun to break down why they do the stuff and they do. kind of like an analytical therapist does.

the question i was trying to ask is like if a newbie pua approaches a million people and says they're all mean jerks is that because the entire city he lives in are assholes or because he was trying to suck value from them so they told him where to stick it. (his bum fyi). I guess I kind of just answered my question but some more resources on this shit would be cool.
Buddhagames's picture
Yup. The entire city is mean
Yup. The entire city is mean jerks.

Most people are too self centered to appreciate the people around them. It's funny too, cause it's like, we want to connect to people around us, but we also are so concerned with what we want that it actually maeks this impossible... contradictions abound! : ) ... what to do... what to do...

lmao, first we learn to accept, then we learn to lean into it and then we learn to laugh at it... Laughing is the last frame, but it's also the most powerful.

"Apart from the pulling and hauling stands what I am, Stands amused, complacent, compassionating, idle, unitary, Looks down, is erect, or bends an arm on an impalpable certain rest, Looking with side-curved head curious what will come next, Both in and out of the game and watching and wondering at it."

buddhagames wrote:Don't trip
buddhagames wrote:
Don't trip on it. Good to get it out and write about it, but then just move on. Don't worry about why other people do what they do, it'll drive you crazy.
Like why did Hitler kill so many people? Honestly.. .I don't know, anne frankly, I don't care. He did it. That sucks. Moving on.
-Although, from a tactical standpoint, sure, if it's like your job to understand the "enemy" that's a totally different thing... but for day to day shit... wtvr. Write about it, meditate on it, get it out in a good workout, go to the boxing ring and kick someones ass... wtvr you gotta do, but don't think about it.... that's the WORST
Basically, I'm not answering your question because I don't want to think about it : )

DOOD. Tell me you see that crazy typo you put in this post. I mean.. that's nuts

I go in and I'm crisp, clean and my vocals are fucking coming out like music. - Anonymous MW student

- Autismus Terminus Finis (Root Cause/Cure of Autism Epidemic)

- Called Off My Wedding & Other Turn Tail Signs Of The American Male

Tap Or Click For Personal Coaching Information

Buddhagames's picture
lmaoI'm glad someone
lmao

I'm glad someone appreciates the subtlety in my writing.

But now I can't laugh as it goes over everyone's head ; )

icewahine wrote: the question
icewahine wrote:

the question i was trying to ask is like if a newbie pua approaches a million people and says they're all mean jerks is that because the entire city he lives in are assholes or because he was trying to suck value from them so they told him where to stick it. (his bum fyi). I guess I kind of just answered my question but some more resources on this shit would be cool.

As you get more and more into this stuff you actually realize it's more the chode's fault than anything. People are protecting themselves from the awkwardness, the value-sucking, and the negative emotions attached to dealing with a chode like him.

I go in and I'm crisp, clean and my vocals are fucking coming out like music. - Anonymous MW student

- Autismus Terminus Finis (Root Cause/Cure of Autism Epidemic)

- Called Off My Wedding & Other Turn Tail Signs Of The American Male

Tap Or Click For Personal Coaching Information

SituAsian's picture
This.As your intrinsic value
^^^^ THIS (what MW said)

As your intrinsic value becomes more and more abundant and it starts to leak out naturally and subconsciously your peer will start to notice it and be more receptive to your advances simply because they view you as value-adding rather than "value-sucking". Take sexy bitches for eg, their value is tied directly to their good looks and that's why they're amongst the most socially welcome creatures, same goes with loaded dudes (who show off) or individuals with high-value career/social positions. Also if you're a naturally (or artificially) awesome dude people will see/feel this and be more welcoming towards you when you make your advances. Personally, I always make a point to SHOW how much value I'm bringing to the table right off the bat by mixing and matching the following:

1/ Be with/around attractive women ie always have them in your life either as romantic interests or platonic friends - any bloke who is seen with an abundance of beautiful women is immediately placed in high-value/alpha-male category and is always welcome in most social groups
2/ Show that you have style/culture/class/social intelligence - dress well, act classy, treat people with respect, be friendly but firm, have an opinion and be willing to stand by it etc etc all these traits are desirable and if you can show that you have them then you will be considered an individual worth knowing
3/ If you have money, don't hide that fact, if you don't, hide it - a man with money is a man with value simply because money brings you many valuable things such as 1/ and 2/ as well as other material and immaterial things. You don't have to show off, but don't hide it if you have wealth, if you want to become socially desired that is; wealth speaks volume about the wealth owners immediately without getting to know them first. Also don't be one of those elitist knobs who sneer at material things and make fun of the riches whilst secretly envy them, that's just sad. Do be careful of gold diggers and opportunists who are only after your coin. At the other end of the spectrum - if you're broke as a joke, no need to broadcast it to the world. Just because you have no money doesn't mean you have to LOOK and ACT like a bum. Style and class cannot be bought with money.
4/ Have a lot of connections - a man with a lot of connections is a man with a lot of friends. If you can hook people up with things they place value on such as jobs, access to elite events and gigs, access to "party supplies", access to beautiful women etc then whatever the value they place on those things they will also place on you. You can NEVER have enough connections.
5/ Have a magnetically awesome personality - now this one is difficult to define but I believe the following traits are common: positivity, sense of humor, authenticity, genuine interest in other people, selflessness, honesty, reliability and PASSION (that's a BIG one in my book). Of course there is a ton more but these are some off the top of my head that I value in others and I see others value in their friends/acquaintances. Acquire them all and people will naturally be drawn to you, I can guarantee you that.

Anyway, I think I'm going a bit off topic here but just thought I'd share some personal insights into what brings real social values. Let me know what you think.
SituAsian's picture
dude something's wrong w the
dude something's wrong w the quoting function
SituAsian's picture
buddhagames wrote:lmaoI'm
buddhagames wrote:
lmao

I'm glad someone appreciates the subtlety in my writing.

But now I can't laugh as it goes over everyone's head ; )

LOL nice one I remember at the time of reading thinking to myself "why the fuck is this kid using Hitler as an example and that's an odd typo to have...". Nicely done ya cheeky cunt! ;)
Sick-Cunt's picture
Lol I never read these
Lol I never read these threads. Way too much writing.

"These girls aren't going to harass themselves" - Some Cunt

SituAsian's picture
Learn to skim&scan bro, u
Learn to skim&scan bro, u never know, there could be some valuable nuggets of wisdom buried deep under all the irrelevant crap ;)