Skip to Content
Pickup Coaching
-->

Really cool couple of days with a ROUTINE based player

12 replies [Last post]
This kind of blew my paradigm because I am so used to routine-based game being blown up as this weird alternate universe that we avoid and sneer at. This guy is already a cool guy, I could see him having success without routines, but he's emphatic about their importance because they basicaly allow you to convert sets that you would otherwise lose into closes. You "get the girl" basically, and from an RSD self-development perspective that may seem kind of weird but you gota remember this is cold approach pick-up, not a Tony Robbins seminar. Don't agree with everything, but I found it an interesting view point.

What I found the most interesting is how we think there is a clear divide between routine-based game and natural game, where routine-based game is seen as depending exclusively on outer game and RSD game is seen as depending on a cultivation of inner game. Routine based game does not work if you the inner-game subcomms aren't there, so you need inner-game confidence in your routines too. If you are a complete dark creep with no inner-game, it will be difficult to work your routines. The difference I see is that RSD natural game depends on an inner-game baseline that is independent of female reactions and validation, this allows you to thinks sharply on the spot and pass shit tests without having a precanned respone that makes you confident you won't lose the girl. I've heard Tyler and Jeffy mention this before. According to the dude I was winging with, if your routines aren't self-amusing it is difficult to make them work too...if you don;t have the frame of outcome independence and self-amusement they usually fall flat anyways.

The distinction gets more blurry when you consider that alot of natural players, PUA and non-PUA naturals, use precanned techniques like crazy. Openers, LMR techniques, text game, mixed set techniques, etc...consider Tyler's "who are you?" or Julien's "adventure!". Raw naturals still use stuff they know has worked in the past all the time too. It's not like they resist using material retrieved from memory just so they know that they pulled the girl off stuff they've never used before.

I'd love to hear what you guys think about this distinction. I probably don't see myself using routines, but I would be open to trying them and I certainly don't wanna avoid them because I've been conditioned by RSD culture to believe they're some evil, creepy cousin of natural game.
Buddhagames's picture
It's what I'm learning more
It's what I'm learning more and more as I get into this. I came in thinking it was entirely an artform, some inner game thing I could just rock out by being solid at the core... But the dealio is that it's a science as well and that part is super important to learn.

I agree, there is a blurry line, just like in most things in life. Like yeah, naturals use "routine" stuff all the time, it's just not weird to them because it's not something they are consciously thinking about creating.

In either case, I like taking a self-development, natural approach to it because it's just a great way to frame it for myself and allows me to go full steam ahead. It would just seem weird to me to come up with routines and stuff... so by focusing on being natural, it allows pickup to have synergy with the rest of my values and the way I approach life in general.

If I were out there making routines and stuff, it'd be hard to justify some of it, with regards to the way I want to live my life and the person I want to be and how I want to relate to other people.

Like personally, I absolutely refuse to lose touch with the people I'm connecting with and with what I'm ACTUALLY doing... wihch is developing relationships of one sort or the other. I refuse to take TOO MUCH of a scientific approach to all of this... and if that inhibits my results, I'm fine with that because I'll be living up to my standards and that's what's important. Other people will have other standards and I totally respect that. I actually don't look down on people who use routines or, for that matter, who choose any other path in life than myself.... But it's a personal choice and I have to do things the way that allows me to develop into the person I want to become and the way I want to live my life.

^My 2 cents.

It's Just Something You Have To Do If You Want To Be Great- Manwhore

"Apart from the pulling and hauling stands what I am, Stands amused, complacent, compassionating, idle, unitary, Looks down, is erect, or bends an arm on an impalpable certain rest, Looking with side-curved head curious what will come next, Both in and out of the game and watching and wondering at it."

Ya I've met plenty. There's
Ya I've met plenty.

There's a huge difference between Julien's "adventure" and running a routine which is a long scripted dialogue between two people, not just the "idea" of shouting/projecting adventure.

That being said tho, I've definitely been in some situations where I open up a bunch of superhotties that are oh so delish, and I can't. quite. hook. them. BAM. And we split off. A well-placed routine could have been instrumental right there for sure. That being said tho.. say I'm in bootcamp mode and I'm teaching. NOTHING STOPS ME. I need nothing. I am superbutt.

So see what's really going on there??

I go in and I'm crisp, clean and my vocals are fucking coming out like music. - Anonymous MW student

- Autismus Terminus Finis (Root Cause/Cure of Autism Epidemic)

- Called Off My Wedding & Other Turn Tail Signs Of The American Male

Tap Or Click For Personal Coaching Information

SituAsian's picture
I am a proponent of taking
I am a proponent of taking the best out of both camps and use them to your advantage. However I believe routines (outer game) should definitely come after inner game. First u must BELIEVE that u are attractive to women by just being ur most masculine and confident self. And I mean absolutely CONVINCED by that outlook, almost like a religious faith, like it's not a matter of opinions it's a motherfucking FACT like the earth is round and the sun is bright and night is dark. After that, learning routines will help a lot more than before. Fuck u will even come up w ur own lines and routines soon enough after that.
I used to use prescripted
I used to use prescripted routines when I first began. Got dates and lays from it.
Re: Really cool couple of days with a ROUTINE based player
@Falc:
When I used routines and dhv stories and stuff, I made them about things I've actually done in my life. On a date I would talk like normal then throw in an opener if the conversation would stall in. I never prescripted like whole conversations or anything.

A good book on routines and stuff is the Stylelife Challenge. It's like a 20 dollar book but teaches push pull, coldreading, storytelling and stuff like that. It even has vocal lessons.

Ok that's my post ambien pill popping post.
Buddhagames's picture
@sentry303:

dude... the scales have fallen from my eyes....

I USE DHV STORIES!! NOOOOO

haha just kidding... but really, I do... I just didn't really recognize it. I tell stories ALL THE TIME. I love telling stories. It's so fun. But like I never really thought of them as DHV stories... it's more just like... I love telling stories lol.

Like I'm the type of guy that just loves to share shit, whatever it is. I'm always talking about shit I'm doing cause I get pretty pasionate about things...

I've also taken improv classes... but it wasn't for pickup... I just fucking love improv. I did a show at the end of the class. It was pretty cool.

"Apart from the pulling and hauling stands what I am, Stands amused, complacent, compassionating, idle, unitary, Looks down, is erect, or bends an arm on an impalpable certain rest, Looking with side-curved head curious what will come next, Both in and out of the game and watching and wondering at it."

buddhagames;544.3874;8 wrote:
@sentry303:

dude... the scales have fallen from my eyes....

I USE DHV STORIES!! NOOOOO

haha just kidding... but really, I do... I just didn't really recognize it. I tell stories ALL THE TIME. I love telling stories. It's so fun. But like I never really thought of them as DHV stories... it's more just like... I love telling stories lol.

Like I'm the type of guy that just loves to share shit, whatever it is. I'm always talking about shit I'm doing cause I get pretty pasionate about things...

I've also taken improv classes... but it wasn't for pickup... I just fucking love improv. I did a show at the end of the class. It was pretty cool.

------------------------------------
One of the arguments from puas about why you should tell dhv stories is because they've seen naturals tell the same stories over and over.
Buddhagames's picture
Re: Ya I've met plenty. There's
Manwhore;544.3740;5 wrote:
Ya I've met plenty.

There's a huge difference between Julien's "adventure" and running a routine which is a long scripted dialogue between two people, not just the "idea" of shouting/projecting adventure.

That being said tho, I've definitely been in some situations where I open up a bunch of superhotties that are oh so delish, and I can't. quite. hook. them. BAM. And we split off. A well-placed routine could have been instrumental right there for sure. That being said tho.. say I'm in bootcamp mode and I'm teaching. NOTHING STOPS ME. I need nothing. I am superbutt.

So see what's really going on there??

Yes. I do.

It's like when you're at the gym and you can't qu,ite push out that last rep on the first set, but when it's the rep of the last set, you always find a way to push that one out... so in reality, there was nothing stopping you from pushing it out in the first set...

Encountered this with yoga the other day. There was this one pose that I was just like, "nope. I can not do that. Just can't" .. Then one of the teachers started dogging on me hard for it and so I said fuck it and just went for it... and when I just let go, I fucking did it and it felt amazing. I literally got up, looked at the teacher and was like, "I did it" haha I was like a little infant going potty for the first time.

Re: Ya I've met plenty. There's
Huge difference between methodically creating / crafting stories with the intent of eliciting certain responses versus just saying shit that youve seen work before.
sentry303 wrote: A good book
sentry303 wrote:
A good book on routines and stuff is the Stylelife Challenge. It's like a 20 dollar book but teaches push pull, coldreading, storytelling and stuff like that. It even has vocal lessons.

That sounds cool I'll check it out

I go in and I'm crisp, clean and my vocals are fucking coming out like music. - Anonymous MW student

- Autismus Terminus Finis (Root Cause/Cure of Autism Epidemic)

- Called Off My Wedding & Other Turn Tail Signs Of The American Male

Tap Or Click For Personal Coaching Information

yh, storytelling is kinda
yh, storytelling is kinda kickass.

I don't do it as a routine, i know the difference between when i'm doing it cause it's genuinely funny and makes me for awesome to share the story to the world as opposed to when i'm doing it intentionally to suck people in and hold their attention.

weirdly enough, before going deep into this 'game' shit, i didn't value myself that much when talking to girls or guys so i thought my stories were pointless and weren't worth saying. It's like any story can become a DHV if its coming from the right place, you're passionate about it, and it's funny to some degree. Simple really
Buddhagames's picture
Yeah, I can tell a solid
Yeah, I can tell a solid story with the best of em'