Skip to Content
Pickup Coaching
-->

LOL @ "You're so lucky" LOL @ "Everything just always works out for you"

8 replies [Last post]
Buddhagames's picture
So this is just something interesting that happened to me the other day, so of course, I'm gonna post on it, cause well... that's what I do.

I'm back in cali and I was visiting an old gal friend (absolutely no sexual anything.. 1. she's not that hot and 2. she's like my sister) and 2 of my best friends from hs and we met up with a few other people

And there were a bunch of us and something happened where like I got shotgun somehow... there were like 5 of us in a car that supports 4 passengers.. and my gal friend goes, "BG... Everything always just works out for you, doesn't it?" and I'm sitting there, legs fully spread out, comfortably sitting with my arms wide and I look back and they are all bunched up and at first I was like, "I guess?" and then I was like, "Fuck that..."

But then I was like, "I guess it can look like that sometimes"...

Like there is this sense that shit always works out for me... but I think what people don't see is the work that goes into it... like when I got a sick internship, people were like, "Yeah... how'd you manage that? You always just seem to BG stuff" lmao... like my name is an adverb? But in order to get that job, I literally applied to 83 other internships... EIGHTY FUCKING THREE... like do you guys know how many UNIQUE cover letters that is? 83 applications... like 20 interviews and then negotiating those interviews so that the remaining offers didn't crash through while I was waiting on the one I really wanted...

Oh and like does anyone wanna talk about absolute durr breakdowns? I can hang with the best of them fellas : )

We don't talk about all the failures... Like HELLO- if I got 20 interviews... that means that I didn't even get called back for like 60 of those jobs I applied to... a lot of which were ones I reallly wanted. There's so much shit in life I DONT get that I want... But I am like one of the most positive dudes I know and yeah, sometimes I feel shitty, but if i do, it's for like 2 or 3 weeks and then I'm just like... the fuck? But if you stay positive, your life, including all the failures, all the shitty stuff, all the times you don't look cool, all the times you fuck up- it's all just like... wtvr and then you grow from it.

I don't know anyone personally that is as dedicated to learning from their failures, faults, insecurities and weaknesses than I am. It's like a fulltime job. I mean even writing this shit on here. This time, it's reinforcing some positive attributes about myself... But I also take my weaknesses and make them known... I'm not afraid of that shit. I open it up and as soon as I recognize it, i disect the shit out of it and then I reframe it.

Then like that dude who I randomly met who is hooking me up with his contact at ESPN... yeah... okay, call it luck. But when the slightest hint of an opportunity was there... I wasn't afraid to tell him what I wanted and you bet your ass I'm gonna push with this... I mean, literally, I can't describe to you how much I want this. Oh- did I mentioned that the girls that work at ESPN are RETARDEDLY HOT... we're talking, like these are the girls that you go to the clubs to hit on... and then I'm just gonna be surrounded by them in an environment where I will be kicking ass... GET OUTTA HERE. I'm going to get this.

This is what "Luck" looks like. To the outsider, it's luck... it's just "that guy" that always seems to get what he wants... But to "That guy" it's just a lot of hard work and then being able to be OPEN to all of the opportunities that are out there... You have to be willing to give up that control and just be OPEN to what is out there. Whether it's the love that surrounds you, whether it's girls that want to talk to you, whether it's job opportunities... wtvr it is... ALLL OF THIS surrounds us on the daily. We just are blind to it because we can't relate to our success.

like if I don't get the jig at ESPN, I'll obviously either stick it out at my current place or find something even sicker... But not because I'm sitting back doing jack shit, but because it's what I want.

While I'm writing this, I currently have 7 tabs open on my computer with job descriptions of shit that would be better than what I have. Then I'm gonna head down to tahoe and do some hiking...

Anywaay- I guess this is a humblebrag post, but really... I would think it's really cool if other people posted shit like this from time to time... I think it's cool to reinforce positive shit in your life... just like it's helpful to post up the shit you're not happy about and need help with.

It's Just Something You Have To Do If You Want To Be Great- Manwhore

"Apart from the pulling and hauling stands what I am, Stands amused, complacent, compassionating, idle, unitary, Looks down, is erect, or bends an arm on an impalpable certain rest, Looking with side-curved head curious what will come next, Both in and out of the game and watching and wondering at it."

Awesome dude.. sweet post.
Awesome dude.. sweet post.

I go in and I'm crisp, clean and my vocals are fucking coming out like music. - Anonymous MW student

- Autismus Terminus Finis (Root Cause/Cure of Autism Epidemic)

- Called Off My Wedding & Other Turn Tail Signs Of The American Male

Tap Or Click For Personal Coaching Information

Sick-Cunt's picture
This ^ I was explaining this
This ^

I was explaining this shit to my parents a few days ago. They were like `oh that was luck` to something that happened to a guy but this guy has been trying for a while and keeps trying over and over. Its not luck its persistence that gets you success.

"These girls aren't going to harass themselves" - Some Cunt

Buddhagames's picture
I want to be more of a man.
Last bit here, have to get this shit out there:

I want to be more of a man. Why do you guys think I'm so active on THIS forum? It's cause manwhore is here. The guy is literally known around the community for being like THE masculine dude. So yeah, the second I heard he was starting up his own forum, you bet your ass I ran to this thing like a fly to the light.

I have a ton of weakness, areas of improvement, stuff that just isn't quite right. But one thing I have that separates me from the guy on the street who you meet and forget is a unique FIREY PASSION. I want something and I fucking go for it. I fight for it. I don't just get involved, I fight tooth and nail for my seet at the table, for my seat at the head of the table. I'm positive and nice and try to be as authentic as possible but you bet your ass if you and me are fighting for 1 spot left at the table, I'm going to be your worst enemy. I'm going to be standing across the table from you, glaring your ass down, gritting my teeth, literally ready to fucking tear you the fuck apart.

After it's all said and done, and I've won and I'm sitting at the table, I'll turn around and tell you what you could have done better so that you can improve and beat the next guy and sit next to me but when it comes down to it- I'm going to fight like a son of a bitch.

Cause, fellas, if you're not FIGHTING for what you want, you're just not going to get it. We currently live in the most competitive environment we've ever known and if you think for a second, you're going to get what you want by working hard, you're wrong. You have to work hard and then when it comes down to it, you're going to come face to face with a thousand other people that have worked just as hard as you did and then what is it going to come down to?

Whose going to be the guy standing, blood covered over his body, teeth knocked out, spitting that grotesque combination of blood and mud from his face, while all others lay on the floor... All these guys worked their asses off. You've reached the point where all the people who work hard reach. It's no longer about working hard.

It's now going to come down to how much you're willing to FIGHT TO THE FUCKING DEATH. It's going to come down to who has the sheer passion, grit, wits and killer instinct to do what has to be done and ask questions later. You only do this with intent.

And that's the thing- you gotta ask questions later. You have to reflect, you have to recognize where you may have gone wrong. Then forgive yourself, continue to work hard and work on the areas you need to improve.

That's all. Just had to get this out. Just graduated and I was having this weird feeling for a little while, like, "What's next" and it's hit me over the last week or so what's next for me. What's next is the same exact shit I've always done. FIGHT TO THE DEATH AND BE THE LAST MAN STANDING.

Understanding the true power of intent is crazy shit folks. Don't get it twisted.

"Apart from the pulling and hauling stands what I am, Stands amused, complacent, compassionating, idle, unitary, Looks down, is erect, or bends an arm on an impalpable certain rest, Looking with side-curved head curious what will come next, Both in and out of the game and watching and wondering at it."

Yeah. Fuck those people. One
Yeah. Fuck those people. One thing I've learned to do over the past little bit is to punish myself for failure. Not outcome failure but failure to act. For even simple shit like my bathroom routine, changing my sheets every two weeks or when needed, waking up early every day, getting water instead of pop, telling the waiter "no bun", etc. Using your willpower for little shit like that and practicing and making it habit makes the hard stuff a million times easier. So now when I miss something that I know I should be doing even though its not a "big deal" I punish myself for it. Like if I'm laying in bed half asleep and then remember I forgot to email an invoice or something that "could easily be done tomorrow" I force myself to do it then despite my FEELINGS because I know when I wasn't tired and out of it that I made a commitment to invoice everything THE DAY OF so I don't miss shit and have a fresh start the next day. It sucks getting out of bed but it sucks even worse not being able to reach your goals, big or small.
Andre (not verified)
Beautiful post buddha,
Beautiful post buddha, especially the second one, That 'be at the head of the table' analogy was fresh dude, love it.

Ever read Millionaire Fastlane? It's like how he says that success is viewed as an event/luck by the average joe, similar to how you win the lottery. But most people are blind to the rigorous 'process' you actually go through in order to get what you want in life.
Buddha - i sort of know a
Buddha - i sort of know a thing or two about getting a job in media - if you need help just shoot me a text.... I highly recommend you do the informational interview thing - best way to get a job especially for charismatic guys like us.

Then eventually you'll come to realize a day job can only take you so far (especially for guys like us) and then you'll want to be the ultimate man and work for yourself.
Buddhagames's picture
That's awesome. Thanks man.
That's awesome.

Thanks man. I'll shoot you a PM with some details, would love any advice you have.

krispy's picture
yeah man this post was sweet.
yeah man this post was sweet. Reading stuff like this always awakens that inner beast in me. Time to slay!