Skip to Content
Pickup Coaching
-->

Cold approach potentially just helped me get my dream job

10 replies [Last post]
Buddhagames's picture
So I've read my fair share of posts on Rsdn about how cold approach has, one one way or another, fucked with someone's life. I've obviously had moments where I've been like, "really?... Fuck this shit". But this is a different kind of story.

So last night I was out to dinner with my mom, my sister and my sister's fiance. We're hanging out and our waitress is super cute, so I just start talking to her. Kinda starts out like she's talking to all of us but then I just persist and she ends up just talking to me while the rest of my family is chattin it up together. She goes away to get people's food or wtvr and this dude whose sitting behind us turns around and is like, "Hey, I couldn't help but overhear- congrats on graduating from blah blah" I thank him and we start talking. This guys real cool, got a ton of swag and I'm just geninuely enjoying talking to him, super interesting guy. So I end up introducing him to my family and he introduces me to his girlfriend and their daughter.

So at one point the conversation gets around to my post graduation plans and I'm talking about my impending trip to Europe and how it's been one of my dreams to do this ever since I graduated high school and a lot of the kids got to go together. At the time, I couldn't go with them all cause I just couldn't afford it but that I told myself I'd do it by myself at some point. He starts asking me all about the trip and stuff, and then he's like, when you get back are you going to be working or are you still looking? I tell him how I have a job waiting for me at a media company. I start telling him how it pays well but that the summer before when I was doing my internship, I had actually snuck into the introduction training program and subsequent intern events for ESPN, which is associated with the company I'd be working for. Basically, I just tell him how passionate I am about somehow getting a sales job for them and how it's literally my dream job. I mean, seriously guys, the place gives their top sales people free tickets to the Rose Bowl, NCAA championship games, etc...

Anyway- as I'm talking about this, I notice the guy kinda getting real serious. I stop talking for a bit and he's like, "Well, you know man, I actually have a lot of connection at ESPN", why don't you give me your contact information and we'll stay in touch, and I'll set up an opportunity for you to talk to one of the people I know there"... I'm just like, "Uhhmm... Yes?" haha so he gives me his info, I give him mine and we talk for a bit longer. He starts telling me about how in these super competiive sales jobs for top companies, it's basically like you get a 6 month tryout and you either succeed or are kicked out and told to get antoher job. Just hearing about this shit gets me so fucking amped. I'm like, dude you have no clue how much I would tear that shit to shreds. I mean, longterm, I'd love to be a psychotherapist but there's also no reason why I couldn't work to become CEO of a major company. I mean, yeah it's a tall order, but it's just as unlikely as becoming good at this shit and people do do it. Why not me? I have the pedigree, I have the skills, and sales is a pretty solid place to start for a path to that position. Anyway- the dreaming is good but the practical stuff is where the rubber hits the road right now.

So anyway, he starts telling me how he's mentored a few people in the industry who have gone on to do big things and I'm just like, "How did this happen... haha like who is this guy and how did we meet"... - I get home and look up this dudes info online. hahahhaa when I saw it, I literally shat a mother fucking brick. This dude is like one of the top media sales guys in the country. He owns like some MASSIVE company that does basically all of the advertising sales for radio. He has connections quite literally, everywhere. And obviously, one of the companies he works with is... ESPN.

So anyway- not exactly a "field report" but I thought it was fucking cool as shit. I mean, it looks like I may be getting an "in" into my dream job as a result of cold approach lmao. This stuff is awesome. Anyway- real pumped on this. Wanted to share.

Cold Approach FTW

It's Just Something You Have To Do If You Want To Be Great- Manwhore

"Apart from the pulling and hauling stands what I am, Stands amused, complacent, compassionating, idle, unitary, Looks down, is erect, or bends an arm on an impalpable certain rest, Looking with side-curved head curious what will come next, Both in and out of the game and watching and wondering at it."

Buddhagames's picture
haha and I treated this guy
haha and I treated this guy just like I would any girl I met. Got home and immediately sent him a follow up email, just saying hey and that I enjoyed meeting him and am looking forward to hearing from him soon and meeting his colleague at ESPN.

Not sure if my email was playul and accusatory enough though, he hasn't responded yet guys... what should i do?? : )

"Apart from the pulling and hauling stands what I am, Stands amused, complacent, compassionating, idle, unitary, Looks down, is erect, or bends an arm on an impalpable certain rest, Looking with side-curved head curious what will come next, Both in and out of the game and watching and wondering at it."

Sick-Cunt's picture
buddhagames wrote:haha and I
buddhagames wrote:
haha and I treated this guy just like I would any girl I met. Got home and immediately sent him a follow up email, just saying hey and that I enjoyed meeting him and am looking forward to hearing from him soon and meeting his colleague at ESPN.

Not sure if my email was playul and accusatory enough though, he hasn't responded yet guys... what should i do?? : )

Tell him ur luring girls to your house with candy, maybe he is in. If not send a funny voicemail.

And noice. Being a social guy always helps you out

"These girls aren't going to harass themselves" - Some Cunt

Andre (not verified)
i was thinkin a dick picture
i was thinkin a dick picture would get his buying temperature up

srsly, good on you though.
Okay. You have to play this
Okay. You have to play this well. If he doesn't respond in a couple of days shoot him a text from manwhore's database. From then, keep things light and arrange the meet. Your interaction sort of gave me the impression that their may be some LMR so try and frame the interaction as if he's submitting to you and he should be worshipping your cock in no time.
Lmao! Haven't read the op but
Lmao! Haven't read the op but the replies are hilarious

I go in and I'm crisp, clean and my vocals are fucking coming out like music. - Anonymous MW student

- Autismus Terminus Finis (Root Cause/Cure of Autism Epidemic)

- Called Off My Wedding & Other Turn Tail Signs Of The American Male

Tap Or Click For Personal Coaching Information

Sweet man, just read OP.
Sweet man, just read OP.

Have you had any contact with the guy since??

And what kind of weird shit have you heard concerning cold approach on rsdn?

I go in and I'm crisp, clean and my vocals are fucking coming out like music. - Anonymous MW student

Andre (not verified)
Manwhore wrote:Sweet man,
Manwhore wrote:
Sweet man, just read OP.

Have you had any contact with the guy since??

And what kind of weird shit have you heard concerning cold approach on rsdn?

lol:

"Cold approach made me lose my job!!"

"Cold approach made me catch STDs!!!"

"Cold approach made me catch STDs, lose my job then get deported cause i got arrested doing daygame in the mall!!"

it's like how hip hop gets blamed for everything rotten in the world.
But hip hop IS to blame for
But hip hop IS to blame for everything bad happening in the world today

Buddhagames's picture
I don't know man. Everything
I don't know man. Everything I know, I learned from Drake.

And yeah- he sent me an email back. He said that my followup email showed a desire to make this work and he's going to get in touch with his friend and haveus meet. He also said to send him another email in a week or so if he hasn't gotten back to me.

And yeah- I was just referring to all the posts about how pickup made people drop out of school and kill themselves lmao.

Andre (not verified)
buddhagames wrote:I don't
buddhagames wrote:
I don't know man. Everything I know, I learned from Drake.

And yeah- he sent me an email back. He said that my followup email showed a desire to make this work and he's going to get in touch with his friend and haveus meet. He also said to send him another email in a week or so if he hasn't gotten back to me.

And yeah- I was just referring to all the posts about how pickup made people drop out of school and kill themselves lmao.

He sounds too clingy...Cut him off