Skip to Content
Pickup Coaching
-->
5 replies [Last post]

I have been in MW's coaching program for a few weeks. I had my third call earlier tonight. I am not going to write a long history or anything because I know from being around the community for a long time that you can tell a lot where a guy is by reading his FR/LRs. My first field activity was in Nov 2003 with Tyler, Papa and Orion when they called themselves Royal Command, pre-RSD. I did a lot of memorized game, to the point where I hated going out and it made me far less social than when I started. I got really good at memorized routine game in 2009 or 2010, I can't remember exactly, and then quit. I have been hanging around on my local lair board and a few other boards including this one. The Chinaboy before and after videos caught my attention and after reading posts here for a few months, I figured this is much closer to what I want and need to learn, and a lot different than the dancing monkey stuff I learned 10 plus years ago. I signed up for the coaching and here I am.

For the first few weeks, of the calls and drills, I had a heavy travel schedule so I had few opportunities to go out to bars, clubs, malls or whereever. The drills did however make a difference in my presentations and seminars that I taught for work. I was much more fluid and had one group laughing in a way that has never happened in 15 years in my current job.

The past two Saturday nights, I went out and choded massively. I was nervous in the daytime knowing that I was going to go out at night. This wasn't new. I would be nervous, back in the day, before, during and after going out. Both times I did a lot of standing around, leaving to check out the other bar around the corner and approaching weakly, mostly throwing out comments to girls walking past.

Tonight on the call, MW nailed a central issue that has gotten in my way both socially and in sales at work. I don't know if he wants me listing it here but it will probably be evident in my FRs, for hopefully not much longer, so if you have a trained eye you can probably figure it out. Anyway it was like a heavy weight was lifted off my chest. 

I will mostly use this journal for tracking fieldwork and copying quotes from other good posts on this board.

Z

Short FR - Tues 2-11-15 Blue

Short FR - Tues 2-11-15 Blue Martini Tampa Latin Night

After my call, I hit the taco stand and then Whole Foods. On a whim, I decided to drive a couple miles out of the way to see if anything was going on at Blue Martini. It was actually crowded. (This is good to know b/c there isn't much else going on here on a Tuesday night) I took my groceries home, sat around for too long and then decided to go back out to the club. I was pretty pumped up after my call and I wanted to go make something happen. On the ride over, I had some nerves but they were far less than usual. The tolle stuff helps a lot. I also had a few thoughts about what am I going to say as this was the first time since 2003 that I didn't walk into a loud place without a lot of material and tactics ready to use.

I got to the club a few minutes after midnight and was out of there less than 30 mins later. I have to be up at 7am. I went in and it is fairly crowded with a lot of dudes milling around, a lot of people dancing and a few good targets although not many. I will list the interactions in their own bullet points like they do on my local lair.

1 -Spanish girl, maybe a 7...she was standing and dancing by herself on a walkway. I walked up, did "Yo, what's up." (It didn't come out anywhere near as powerfully as I have practiced) She ignored me and kept looking straight ahead. I called her out on it and she kept staring ahead. I called her out on it again and then walked off.

2 - Really cute black chick with a camera out, standing in the walkway. I walked up and said something that I thought was funny. I think she thought I was saying something about her standing in the way. She apologized, stepped out of the way and turned to her friends. Oh well

3 - Then I was walking around the corner and this girl was telling a guy "I'll be right back." I was walking next to her and asked "are you really going to go back." She turned around to face me and said no. He was a dick and then she took off, pausing to look back at me for a second. There was a window here if I had acted fast enough.

4 - Some 40s chick with a rocking body and a horrid face. She was at corner of bar texting. I did the weak throw out a comment thing when I walked by. She looked up for a second and went back to texting. Should have approached much stronger and planted feet

5 - Really pretty black girl...late 20s. She was sitting in booth alone by door. I approached and for some reason did the nice guy script and tried to be funny. I opened asking why sitting here by yourself (hardly original) Asked if she was one of the shy ones. (I can't remember how she replied) I made some comment about the club, I think. She asked me if I could dance. I almost commented no I'm Irish we can't dance worth shit. Instead I made some dumb ass comment about having many talents but dancing wasn't one of them. At this point, I wanted to blow myself out it was so lame. It obviously wasn't going anywhere so I bailed.

There were a few other sets I could have approached, maybe 4 or 5 more. However, I got there late and couldn't stay so I packed it in. This was pretty much terrible but I got out of the house. I wasn't a nervous wreck. I approached. I wrote a FR. (If the lair guys were here, they would tell you most of this seldom happened in the past...in the routine days, lots of approach anxiety and never wrote FRs) On the ride home I was starting to replay stuff in my head in a way that would have given me anxiety but I did some of the Tolle stuff and stopped the thoughts in their tracks.

Z

Ok, noted. Remember a couple

Ok, noted. Remember a couple of the things we discussed towards the beginning of our call? They would apply MASSIVELY here. There are components of (strong) self-expression that are clearly lacking here that make all the difference in the world. And remember the story I told you about "the Fury"? (as Natural Tim called it)

When I get punked, how do you think I respond/react? There's an inward component, there's an outward component. 

I go in and I'm crisp, clean and my vocals are fucking coming out like music. - Anonymous MW student

- Autismus Terminus Finis (Root Cause/Cure of Autism Epidemic)

- Called Off My Wedding & Other Turn Tail Signs Of The American Male

Tap Or Click For Personal Coaching Information

Manwhore wrote: Ok, noted.

Manwhore wrote:
Ok, noted. Remember a couple of the things we discussed towards the beginning of our call? They would apply MASSIVELY here. There are components of (strong) self-expression that are clearly lacking here that make all the difference in the world. And remember the story I told you about "the Fury"? (as Natural Tim called it)

When I get punked, how do you think I respond/react? There's an inward component, there's an outward component. 

The outward is that you call them out on it, strongly. Inwardly, my guess is that you are thinking something along the lines of "seriously bish, you are messing with the wrong guy" 

Meh, that was one potential

Meh, that was one potential option but not the most important one. 

I go in and I'm crisp, clean and my vocals are fucking coming out like music. - Anonymous MW student

Shoot me your session

Shoot me your session write-up I'll put it in there.