Skip to Content
Pickup Coaching
-->

I suck shit with texting if there is no attraction already there. Can it be built?

14 replies [Last post]
Ok so I made another post about this girl. Old friend from highschool, haven't seen her in years. we added each other on facebook that day and after a bit of banter I told her I had to go and she should send me her number or I'd kick a kitten. Heres a transcript of all the communication we've had since all over text. I think I'm going to make a few of these text transcipts because even just going back and typing this shit out has made me realize when I was making mistakes. I think I'm trying to act too cool for school in this texts instead of just joking with her, calling her out on her randomness and escalating to the meet up and not breaking rapport when not necessary. Next one I post (maybe tomorrow morning) I'm going to report a lay report because this shit sounds so needy but I'm posting it so me and other guys can learn. Also let me know if the formatting sucks ass

"You did not consider the possibility of me wanting you to kick a kitten!"

I was in bed already, I got the text that night but too tired to respond. So the next day I tell her in the morning:

me: I don't make the rules *her name* I just enforce them

No reply. That night I text her "Come out for drinks tonight kitten killer"

Her: "Ugh I wish I am in the throes of essay writing! Maybe next week??"

me: breaks my heart *broken heart emoticon*

I was trying to be funny and over exaggerated to show I didn't care about drinks. Which I really didn't care because I met up with another cutie that night.

On the day after a holiday I sent her a mass text that made a joke about being hungover. No response.

A few days after that I send her: "I hope your prying your face out of the books far enough to enjoy the first say of spring!"

"Enjoy is all I do"

me: "Even when you were balls deep in the essay last week!?"

A few hours later I was in her hood and sent: "Drinks plus catch up this eve at *local park*"

Her:"In the park?? I'm catching up with an old in both senses tonight"
Her:"And old friend"
Her: "in both senses"

Me: "Yes in the park. Alcohol and watching children play go hand in hand"

A few hours later and no response I sent her "Uhoh. Sun is setting and I'm just finishing work. The park plan is crumbling boo"

Her two hours later after sun down: "Apple crumble"

What the fuck? Was this girl just fucking with my shit? I like her uniqueness (she is a crazy hyper blonde hot chick in uni) but can't tell if its her personality or she trys to tool guys off her.

about 40 mins later I send her "Chapel tumble"

Immediately she writes "I've never not been the one to prompt a rhyme war. Repel Humble. But seriously this is a first I love rhymes."
Her right after: "Apple crumble*beer*"

Me: "Apple crumble beer? I mean fear" I forget what i meant with that one...
me right after: "Lapel Grumble"

Her: "Oh my god I was going to do that one. I smell rum's bull"

Me: "Your just a blonde and hyper the last time I saw you it seems"
me: "p.s I won the rhyme off"

No response a few days later I send "Plush flock" trying to initiate another rhyme off. I know pretty lame it seems now.

A few days later "Hey ****, longest week of my life so far! hows your week going"
"Same! I am working non stop crazy hours all day everyday"
me: "I am you, you are me. But aren't you supposed to be learning, where do you work"
her: "I work at a gym, taking time off school right now"
me: "I wish I could take time off work and go to school. Or better yet vacay"

Close to two weeks later........
Me:"*hername!*if we don't meet up soon I'm going to put single back on Facebook"

"next Thursday?!". It was about a week before Thursday we were texting

"works for me. Let's go to xx for drinks or xxx if it's a warm night"

"sounds good :)"

A few days later on Tuesday I said

"hey hope your weekend went swell. How's your Thursday look, I might to go the xxx concert after we meetup"

"who are they?" ten minutes later "never mind I'm listening now. How much?"

At this point I think she's down to meet up for drinks and come to the show. I wanted to go to the show without her after drinks because I was meeting a few other girls there. But I tell her "*details for the show** come with!"

On the Thursday of the show I wasnt sure if she was coming or not for sure. Gay. So I tell her "Forget **bar we were supposed to go to**! **another bar** for beer before the show? Text 1 for yes. Or 2 for definitely!"

30 mins later (the early afternoon) I get "Sorry I'm stupid and switched shifts with the morning girl tomorrow and now I have to start work at 6am!"

"Too bad, you'll miss a sweet show. But no worries... Have fun at work? If that's possible haha"

Five days later I send her a text from the datebase that made me lol the most:

"I miss you *****, I wanna see you but the secuirty guard at the zoo won't let me in. Can you break out?"

a few minutes later: "I hate zoos! Unless I'm in a conservation program, am I?"

"Unfortunately no. That's why you gotta bust outta there! I'll come pick you up in a large white van if you can steal the tranq gun and knock our the guards"

"Can't trust a large white van and tranquilizer"

"Why are you 14? the rape van doesn't pose immediate danger to kids our age" rape van is an ollllddd callback humour reference

Her:"I'm reading lolita!"
"Everything is a threat"

me:"Damn your heightened awareness for all things dangerous to nymphets!" reference to the book shes reading (nymphets)

No response and its been 5-6 hours.
Also how the fuck do i fix
Also how the fuck do i fix the length of this post? It's not all there but all my writing is there when I "edit" the post, just it doesn't show. is this a well known bug or something?
Hey man do you have a droid
Hey man do you have a droid phone? I've got an app that allows you to pick text convos to scrape from your phone and send to your account here on the site. Then you can publish or unpublish them to the forum.

I go in and I'm crisp, clean and my vocals are fucking coming out like music. - Anonymous MW student

- Autismus Terminus Finis (Root Cause/Cure of Autism Epidemic)

- Called Off My Wedding & Other Turn Tail Signs Of The American Male

Tap Or Click For Personal Coaching Information

Buddhagames's picture
What's the first rule of
What's the first rule of manwhore textgame 101...

How do we go about gettin girls to come out of their caves and hang out with us, via text?

It's Just Something You Have To Do If You Want To Be Great- Manwhore

"Apart from the pulling and hauling stands what I am, Stands amused, complacent, compassionating, idle, unitary, Looks down, is erect, or bends an arm on an impalpable certain rest, Looking with side-curved head curious what will come next, Both in and out of the game and watching and wondering at it."

Naw there's nothing wrong
Naw there's nothing wrong with your texting mang. Keep going

I go in and I'm crisp, clean and my vocals are fucking coming out like music. - Anonymous MW student

No.. I fixed one bug we were
No.. I fixed one bug we were all experiencing this is the first time hearing about this. What's going on?

manwhore - I have an iphone
manwhore - I have an iphone but that app sounds amazing. i just copied and pasted the texts into a note and emailed myself. next time I might just email screenshots to myself and upload them... I'll see. and yeah i think so far its fine but i'll post the rest here, i can smell the incongruent aloofness in it myself. letting her dictate the flow and following her lead of being weird and aloof instead of entertaining myself and pushing for the meetup which she seems down for.

and buddha: how do we get girls to do that? ...push for meetup? I don't know your question seems vague... comfort, rapport, humour and escalation (to meetup)

EDIT: Just tried to copy and paste the text convo here in the post instead of editing in the thread and it still cut out.. weird. I don't know whats up, I'll try to fix it. I have to text convo copied
Buddhagames's picture
Oh, manwhore said it's fine-
Oh, manwhore said it's fine- and I can see that. This was chill, it isn't necessary to always set it up in the way I was alluding to.

But basically, a solid way to get a girl, via text, to agree to a meetup is just to make it fun and spontaneous and include some sort of roleplay.

It's Just Something You Have To Do If You Want To Be Great- Manwhore

"Apart from the pulling and hauling stands what I am, Stands amused, complacent, compassionating, idle, unitary, Looks down, is erect, or bends an arm on an impalpable certain rest, Looking with side-curved head curious what will come next, Both in and out of the game and watching and wondering at it."

FIXED. where i wrote *broken
FIXED. where i wrote *broken heart emoticon* i had earlier the less than sign, slash, number three and for some reason that's exactly where it cut off. could that have been the problem or maybe it just auto corrected when i went to edit - preview - save.... either way its fixed now. FULL convo is up there. sorry about all this unrelated clutter in this thread.

and thanks for that little 101 version of texting for a meetup. maybe ill just work on the bare bones basics. also double thanks for the sweet sweet validation of saying my texting is good.. but maybe now look at the full version. I think i could've done way better and missed some opportunities, broken rapport where i didn't need to, etc.
Naw hold on.. was just
Naw hold on.. was just reading 3 lines of the text thread. Apparently most of it wasn't up'd

Ya it's not a bad convo at
Ya it's not a bad convo at all.

You've definitely created attraction if it wasn't there before. Go with buddha's advice and get the meetup you're good for that.

Yeah dude, that "bug" or
Yeah dude, that "bug" or whatever made it cut off only after a few texts. but i've been texting this girl on and off for a few weeks now. i'll be in her area tomorrow so i might throw out a meetup tomm afternoon and see where it goes. I know once i get this chick out it'll be in the bag

edit: okay sweet. thanks manwhore. i'll try to set up that fantasy date shit bitches love using falc's little guide in the other thread. thanks boyos
The bug you're talking about
The bug you're talking about hides text within < > these brackets.

It's a bug in the way xml-style tags are parsed.
Left hand - can you post
Left hand - can you post pictures on this forum? Like not the links, actually have the pictures shown.. I want to do a FR using screenshots. But alas I'm mentally retarded with computers
Snooping around on the forum
Snooping around on the forum I saw it can be a good idea to text the girl everyday as long as she's not giving you slow down signs. Keep the momentum going and one day you'll both be free to meet up. I think that was my problem with this girl. It would go text, can or can't meetup another day, go cold for a few days and then try again

I'm going to try to keep threads going for the majority of days. A little hard though when they end the convos first.

I just texted this girl "an hour after my "9-5" and still working. You still working crazy hours?" cause we talked about hectic work schedules before. A few minutes later she replied

"kinda. Just till ten today"

Damn. A clear signal to meetup after her work? Usually in field the only reason chicks bring up their schedule is for your to fill it... And them...

I'd go for the meetup today but I already have plans tnight. Might be able to tomm or thurs.. How can I awknowledge that I know she wants to meet up tnight but put it off a few days?

Edit: sent her "ten?! Isn't that past your bedtime or do you no start early tomm?" cause she crashes early sometimes to start work at 5. I was trying to get her to talk about her schedule tomm but think now that text was a fail. I don't know why... Too chode